Thursday, June 23, 2011

Review: Flashpoint: Legion of Doom #1

1 out of 5
L.O.D. Pin gets a 5 out of 5

    Ok, first thing's first, I only bought this book for the L.O.D. pin that came with it. The book was just a bonus. That being said, let us get to the actual review.
    Flashpoint: Legion of Doom is about a villian I have never heard of before named Heatwave. Heatwave, if you cannot tell by his name, has a thing for fire. Heatwave loves fire so much that he actually wants to become fire. How can one do this, you may be asking yourself. Simple, kill one half of Firestorm and try to get the other half to fuse with you. Naturally, this incredibly stupid plan fails and Heatwave is sent to a massive prison created by Green Arrow Industries in the middle of the swamp. From there, I assume you can guess the story.
    Besides having a really generic prison escape story, Flashpoint: Legion of Doom suffers from a horrible script. Heatwave says some of the stupidest lines I have ever read in a comic book (This is coming from someone who has read Captain Britain and MI 13: Vampire State). I kid you not when I say,"I've got a hunger burning in my gut. The only way to stop it is to satisfy my appetite," is the opening line of the book! No, really? Are you sure, Heatwave? Trust me, Heatwave says some even more stupid things latter on.
    The script problems are a real shame because the art in this book is really not bad. Rodney Buchemi has done a really good job with his pencils which are complimented perfectly with Jose Marzan's inks. If Adam Glass had done some revisions, he could have easily redone the dialouge in a way that the art would not have to be changed, thus making this book readable. Alas, this book sucks and if it did not have the pin to go with it, then I would not recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment